Solibri Model Viewer – Online Help
Importing an IFC Model
When you are viewing a BIM model the first step is to import the model from one of the file formats supported by Solibri Model Viewer. Currently these include the ifc (Industry Foundation Classes) versions IFC2x, IFC2x2, and IFC2x3 which all have the ‘ifc’ file extension. You may also use compressed (zipped) and optimized (Solibri IFC Optimizer) IFC files.
To import an IFC model:
- Select Open… from File layout and select the IFC file you want to import
- Import process begins
- After the file has been imported, the building is shown in the 3D View and its structure and components can be shown in the Model Tree View
Note: You can also open a model from Recent Files.qq
Opening an SMC Model
A model saved in the native SMC format (‘smc’ file extension) contains all model data, rule set information, presentations, and checking results from a previous Solibri Model Checker checking session. When you open an SMC model file your workspace will be restored to the state it was in when the checking session was saved.
To open a SMC model:
- Select Open… from File layout and select the SMC model file you want to open
- Opening process begins
- After the file has been opened, the building is shown in the 3D View and its structure and components can be shown in the Model Tree View
Note: You can also open a model from Recent Files.
Functionality of Solibri Model Viewer is arranged in different Views. You can resize, change location, close and open them. Views that are not visible by default can show
|Checking View||(for Solibri Model Checker files only)|
|Presentation View||(for Solibri Model Checker files only)|
|Selection Basket||(not visible by default)|
|Parameters View||(not visible by default)||(for Solibri Model Checker files only)|
|Results View||(not visible by default)||(for Solibri Model Checker files only)|
|Information Takeoff||(for Solibri Model Checker files only)|
|Hyperlink Manager||(for Solibri Model Checker files only)|
Model Tree View shows all components in the model. You can see containment of the model(s) and get information about components. The view includes a toolbar and a Model Tree with a pop-up menu.
- Color Map Editor can be opened from the Model Tree or from Settings -> Domain Mapping -> Toolbar -> Color Map Editor. The Editor allows you to change colors of any component type. You can also specify a color for specific construction types of components. You can, e.g. set an own color to walls, whose type is ‘Glass Wall’. Color can be set also by systems (in building industry components).
Solibri Model Viewer provides a powerful 3D view of a BIM model, which makes it easy to examine the building and to locate specific components.
The building can be viewed from any direction and distance and examined using the walk-through functionality. It is also possible to view just a part of the building by using selection basket.
The 3D toolbar has functionality to navigation, visualization and manipulation 3D View. The toolbar can be divided into the following sections:
- Undo and Redo
- Navigation tools
- Component manipulating tools
- Selection visualization tools
- Show All Components
- Zooming tools
- Zoom Extents
- Zoom In
- Zoom Out
- Viewing status tools
- Predefined Viewpoints (Front, Back, Right, Left, Top, and Bottom)
- Show/Hide Spaces
- Inside/Outside View Settings
Note: 3D View has a popup menu
View for Solibri Model Checker Files Only
The Checking View allows you to view checking results saved with the model.
The Presentation View allows you to view presentations of the model. A presentation contains slides, which are annotated design viewpoints that take you to points of interest in the model. The slides are not just plain snapshots. At all times you have the full power of a live model available allowing you to further investigate each situation. A presentation can be shown as a slide show.
Information Takeoff View
The Information Takeoff View allows you to view information takeoffs saved with the model.
Hyperlink Manager View
The Hyperlink Manager View allows you to view hyperlinks saved with the model.