Information regarding the latest software release of Solibri Model Checker
This version focuses on refining the user experience – we have shaped and improved the key elements of Solibri Model Checker (SMC)
Focus your results to give better quality information with more focused issues
Better select what components should be checked
Improved Rule templates – e.g. Space Validation –Check spaces are modelled correctly
New ways of team collaboration with SMC
Improved issue management for team workflow
- IFC import optimized.
- Added progress bar to calculate Checking Summary that sometimes takes quite a lot of time when a checked rules is selected for the first time.
- Help documentation is available online.
- Possibility to remove files and folders from recent files.
- A new option has been added to Settings -> 3D -> Performance, ‘Retain 3D Context’. By setting this ‘on’, the 3D context is not created every time the layout is changed. (By default the value is set ‘off’).
- Files saved in v9.5 cannot be opened in earlier versions of Solibri Model Checker.
- For the following extensions (BCF Connector, SMART Board and Statsbygg BIM Manual), you need to upgrade to v9.5.
Structural versus Architectural Models
- More targeted checking made possible by using filters in rules: #224, #9, #221, #202, #212, #223, and #216
- Rule #1: Added a way to specify exceptional cases that don’t produce issues. For example, pipes or ducts that go straight through an architectural wall. These exceptions are totally configurable and should be adjusted to company/project specific needs.
- Rule #1: Space groups are no longer automatically ignored. Parameters in existing rulesets are automatically configured to allow the rule to work as before, with the additional possibility to also check the intersections of space groups
- Rule #19: Added a possibility to read light opening area from a user-specified property set. When the light opening area is available in the model, that value can be used instead of the default.
- Rule #36: Added a possibility to specify spaces with classification. Added a possibility to check the required total area of spaces instead of requirements for individual spaces.
- Rule #206: Added a possibility to specify which property set modifications are reported. Properties whose values frequently change can be ignored.
- Rule #171: Modified to separately specify the property that is used for matching (for example, type or classification). Added a possibility to compare any property, including textual.
- Rule #208: Added a possibility to specify the parameters used for Frame Thickness, Panel Thickness, Threshold Height, and Glazing Ratio. Modified to use classification name instead of door type when specifying default door dimensions.
- Rule #233: A new rule for checking that mechanical components intersect beams in allowed areas (creates issues only for components outside allowed area).
- New filtering possibilities to include/exclude checked components:
- Small Beams and columns (column < 1 liter) are excluded from checked components
- All possible structural components will be checked
- Checking that architectural walls are filled by structural components only, if there are walls in the architectural components in specified classification (the rule is shown only, if those walls exists)
Space Validation Rule and Components inside spaces
- #212 - Excluded Outdoor spaces (Space usage classification) from checked spaces. Include only spaces whose space group type is undefined
- New ruleset added to example rules including the rule #232
- New ruleset added to example rules including the rule #233
- Example ruleset of rule #171 renamed and one more rule is added to that ruleset
Intersections in MEP Rules
- New filtering possibilities to exclude components which are part of stairs or any furnishing kind of components (walls and slabs are sometimes used to represent furnishing). This change has been done to rulesets:
- General Space Check
- Pre-check for Energy Analysis
- Getting Started
- All these rulesets has also a task for Building Elements Uniformat classification
BIM Validation - Structure
- Four rules have been merged into one (all MEP components) - there is no separate rule for small and large ducts. (As requested by customers who use this rule extensively).
- MEP Models and Architectural Models
- New 'Exceptions' possibilities in rules - 'Building Services and Other Construction Components (Insulations Not Included)' and 'Insulations and Other Construction Components'
- An exception is added that there is no issue if a duct, pipe or cable carrier goes through a partition wall
- An exception is added that there are no issue if a small pipe (MEP Components classification) goes through a slab or suspended ceiling
- An exception is added that there is no issue if a light fixture, air terminal or valve is located in a suspended ceiling
- An exception is added that there is no issue if a light fixture, air terminal, outlet or valve is located in a partition wall
- An exception is added that there is no issue if a covering goes through partition wall
- Added tasks for Building Elements - Uniformat and MEP Components classifications (they are used in exceptions)
MEP models and Structural model
- If there are walls of a specific discipline, a gate keeper rule is now added to allow a ‘wall opening check’ to be shown.
- A new sub ruleset is added for large beams and pipes/ducts/cable carriers going through them (rule #233)
- Some minor improvements for filter parameters in general
- All spaces and openings are excluded from checked components in several rulesets
- Checked components list is fixed in all 'model revision changes' rulesets
- Added a way to group issues by selecting several issues, and adding slides to them.
- The slide is shown in each issue in the Results View.
- Possibility to make decision in the Issue tab in the Info View.
- Multi selection in adding responsibilities.
- It is now possible to remove slides from the pop up menu in the Results View
- Added a possibility to use relations in filters. For example, it is possible to create a filter that excludes all parts of decomposed objects, such as curtain walls, or stairs.
- Filters are used to specify which components are classified. Numerical classifications can be used to classify components based on their numerical properties.
- Now new filtering possibilities in some classifications
- Building elements - Uniformat: All Architectural (+ FM and Inventory model) components excluding openings and spaces
- Space Usage: All space groups are excluded from classified components
- New default classification names and classification rules have been added for Building elements-Uniformat
- New default classification name added in Space Grouping: Usable area and added classification rules for default short names of gross areas and usable areas (BTA, BRA, used in Sweden and Norway) Changed classification method to 'First match' in Space Grouping and Space Usage classifications
- New default classification name added to MEP Components classification: Small Pipe, and a classification rule for this (if nominal diameter <= 25mm, the pipe will be classified as Small Pipe
- New default classification name added to Space Usage: Outdoor Space
- Added and modified some classification rules to Space Usage:
BEDROOM* -> Residence
DINING* -> Residence
TERRACE -> Outdoor Space
PORCH -> Outdoor Space
BALCONY -> Outdoor Space
SHAFT -> Techincal
ENTRY -> Circulation
HALLWAY -> Circulation
ELEVATOR* -> Elevator
*STORAGE * -> Storage
Information Takeoff General
- New classifications are added to be available for future use/ or by customers own rulesets and ITOs
Information Takeoff Templates
- Filters are used to specify which to components the Information Takeoff is run. The “Report Parts of Composite Components” flag is removed from ITO settings, because the same can now be done by using relations in filters.
- New filtering possibility used in some ITOs
- Space groups are not include in Spaces ITO
- All other Architectural components except openings, spaces and parts of assembly type of components are included in Building Element Quantities ITO
- All other structural components except openings and parts of assembly type of components are included in Structural Quantities ITO
- Other spaces are excluded from space groups except reported components in Space Groups ITO
- Added Hyperlinks ITO to English version
- BCF 2.0 support has been added. Each issue has a separate description which can be used to explain the issue. Support for multiple slides is one issue. Support for textual markups and images.
- BCF connector
- A new extension to connect to servers hosting BCF information. Currently supports KUBUS’ BIMcollab.
- SMART Board
- Extension to create markups using SMART Boards
- Statsbygg BIM Manual
- Extension including rulesets made according to Statsbygg BIM Manual